July 30th Specal Event
July 30, 2011
This is a great opportunity. Especially so for families or individuals who have a desire to try this. 11 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Local spinner, Cathy Perry, has a few surprises in mind this month
This is a great opportunity. Especially so for families or individuals who have a desire to try this.
11 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Local spinner, Cathy Perry, has a few surprises in mind this month
Go to our website's photo gallery (not the slideshow) under Cathy's picture and tell us what fiber you would like to see spun or use the comment option at this blog site to indicate your choice. It will send an email response.
Choices are: wool, cotton, silk, linen, mohair, llama or angora
Also, there will be a drawing for a free half hour drop spindle lesson
1. People may put their own name in the hat one time and must do it themselves while Cathy is spinning.
2. They must be a complete novice to spinning, and should be at least 7 years old and less than 120 years old.
3. Drawing will be held at 1:45 p.m. on July 30th
4. The class is one 30 minute class to be given at 2:00 on July 30th, no rain checks
5. Supplies for the class will be provided but drop spindles remain the property of the spinner.
6. Limit of 3 winners.
7. Participants must not be allergic to wool, animal dander or lanolin.
8. No guarantees that any level of proficiency will be gained due to the natural variances in talent.
9. No bribing of the teacher will be allowed but donations to be used to purchase more drop spindles for future classes will be accepted.
10. It's a free demo and class so remember to have fun! Spinner reserves the right to dismiss troublemakers and grumps. If you are a genuine dwarf and show up with six other dwarfs and your name is Grumpy, an exception may be in order.
Join us for fun learning of a historical craft!